Sunday, October 25, 2009

I have been so busy

Hi everyone, it has really been a while I know. Boy-o-boy , I have been so busy with packing and unpacking. Did I forget to mension that we just moved to a new home, and it's been so hectic unpacking and arranging stuffs, but I am glad to say I have done the best I can for now.

The most exciting thing is that the basement  almost done, I HAVE A DEDICATED SEWING ROOM.  Yes, a  room for me and me alone, that is the only thing that is keeping me going for now. The room is already painted and I absolutely love the color I chose. I wll definately post some pictures once everything is done.

Another, exciting thing is that I went for a sewing meet-up today, it`s so good and refreshing to meet new people who share your passion .

On the sewing front however, I  haven`t planned anything yet, hopefully when am settled down in my new space there should be some ideas flowing.

 For now sistahs and broders........you all have a wonderful week ................

Aminat

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your move and your new sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so nice to hear from you. You asked about matching plaids. Well let me tell you (lol), I have messed up so many times with plaids, but this time I had a sewing book open on my cutting table the whole time I was laying the pattern out. I used a book entitled "Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers", but any good sewing book will have instructions for cutting plaids, for instance "Vouge Sewing Book".

    The main trick (I think) is that the fabric has to be cut single (fold), right side up. If a pattern piece says cut two (double folded) you will have to actually cut the pattern piece twice (two times). Something that will make the job easier or quicker is tracing each pattern piece on pattern paper first. For the back pattern piece of this pattern I went ahead and cut one on the fold of the pattern paper. This way you can just lay both front pattern pieces side by side on the single fold fabric and it is much easier to match up this way. Pattern pieces are match at notch positions using a domininate strip or check to match.
    I hope this makes sence, if not let me know and I will try to explain further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the move. I'm in the throws of moving from the house I lived in for 23 years. I had to scale down (for the time being) to a sewing space 1/2 the size! The positive side to that means I have an opportunity to get rid of stuff I should have gotten rid of long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was so exciting to meet someone else who shares my passion for both blogging and sewing! I'm really excited to see what you come up with for the next meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the move and am sure you will be brain storming on many a projects to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new sewing space - that is great! One day....one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your wonderful complement on my jacket.

    ReplyDelete