Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tunic Top (M5666 View B)

If you want to make something very fast, easy and right from the envelop , try this pattern, it's an easy , the instructions were straight forward and I did not have to do any alteration at all.
I used kind of batiste fabric , and I used french seam throughout for clean inside.
For the hem, I used also an embroidery thread that matches the fabric and I used 1" seam length for the serging.
I did not put casing or elastic in the tommy area , instead I will be wearing this with a belt, for a classy look............what do you think? lol...............................................

Top Inside-out to show french seam

The hem (showing the close serging)

Finished top

You all have fun and have a lovely week :) Aminat


I was asked by Faye about the serger treatment I used for this blouse, but in case any other person would like to know how I set the tension , this is what I did.

For the serger treatment I used for this top. I have an old janome mylock serger, with 3 threads.

(1)I set the length to 1", which will make the seam close together.

(2) I set the upper-looper tension to 6,

(3)The lower-looper tension to 6,

(4)The needle tension to 4.

So I have (4-6-6)configuration. Usually I check with the same fabric before I serge my real fabric on it. But for this particular top this is the tension configuration I used.

I hope his helps, Please let me know if you need more information.


28 comments:

  1. Very pretty top, nice for Spring. Nice job on the french seams, perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tunic is very pretty and like the finishing details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!!! I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is certainly a bright and springy top. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot top. Vibrant color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely compliment on my daughter's jumper. The faux leather can be found at Fabric.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute.Love the colour! How about seeing it on you. I love seeing garments on people. I have a New Look pattern very similar to this that I want to try soon.Thank you for your nice comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sistahs for all your inspiring comments. Don't worry sew passionista, I will get DH to take a picture of me wearing the top and the previous jacket, I love to show the garments on me , but atimes it's difficult to get someone to take me. Thanks all

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful top. I love the fabric. i wish i have this pattern too. the idea of using a belt is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for looking in at my pants. I am working on making this my TNT pants pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. Can you tell me how you got that hem treatment with your serger. I'm wonder if I can do that with mine?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just received your answer in my email. Thanks for sending it. Looking back at your blog I see that you had already shared that infor. I am real slow sometimes. Thanks and I will let you know when I try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have that same pattern, Your shirt came out nicely done. Love the fabric color you have. Great job.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love things that easy to make as these were.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great top and fabulous fabric! And you left the best comment on my blog today! Beautifully said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, I left an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gurl I nominated you for an award. Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have nominated you for the Sisterhood Award. Go to my blog to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with the masses! You're tunic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, looks like someone beat me to it. I nominated you as well for a sisterhood award that someone nominated me for 2 days ago (just getting my names posted this eve).

    I did it because to me you have much humility to say that you are a beginning sewist--not by the projects you've been tackling...far too humble. Thanks for all of the encouraging posts you've given me. You'll see the guidelines on my blog or another's. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Animat, I left you an award on my blog, the Sisterhood award. I so appreciate you always taking time to comment on my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi. I nominated you for the Sisterhood Award.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this top , the fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete