Monday, February 9, 2009

Spring Jean Jacket (S3628 View B)

Yes, I have been sewing, I actually finished this jacket and another top last week, but didn't have my camera to take the pictures. Here is a review of my lovely jean jacket, I used the one and only Simplicity 3628 pattern, and cut out view B.
This time I used Denim fabric and cut size 16 with some modifications.
I did my usual FBA alteration. For a review of FBA on princess cut pattern , I used Debbie's lesson on her blog.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I lengthened the sleeve by 2" and did sway back alteration. I did not put lining but I finished the inside with a double bias tape and 1" length serging.
I set the lenght of my serger to 1" and I used Embroidery thread to serge the raw edges to create Hong-Kong finish impression, then, I used Bias tape with the same color as the embroidery thread to finish front facing, the neck and the hem, just to add fun to it and make it look unique. I finished the hem by hand stitching (Slip stitch).
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? My finished jacket looks very much like the photo on the envelop.
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes very easy instruction to follow.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like everything about the pattern and is for sure my TNT pattern.
Conclusion: This is an easy and lovely pattern for all skill level. I real love it and enjoyed making it.

Jacket inside out

Inside- out Close-up

Jacket on form

Have fun sewing everyone :) Aminat


14 comments:

  1. Your jean jacket is beautiful. i love the style and the inside finish is very professional. You'll get lots of wear out of it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking jacket inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute! I love this pattern too. I'm planning to make at least two more jackets with this pattern (once I get done with my mother-in-laws version, of course). I like how you finished the inside - I was wondering how to do that for a lighter-weight jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great jacket! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! I love the pocket flaps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aminat, you are so sweet, but I didn't inspire you to make it, YOU made a version of this jacket way before I did! Anyway, in response to your question, I save the pictures on my computer at a reasonable size. When I upload to blogger I set the size as medium, but since my original picture is bigger than what you see on the blog page, it opens the picture up at it's original size. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for all the wonderful comments. I have made view A of this pattern before but I love this view B better. I will definately make this view over again in another fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this jacket is the business. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This jacket is sew beautiful!
    too bad we can't hook up because my fear is jackets and you've mastered them. I can teach you all about dresses!

    ReplyDelete