Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Colorphobia

I used to be so much afraid of colors before I started sewing and blogging,.... my wardrobe used to be all black, brown, navy blue and in short mostly not so colourful solid fabrics, but since I started sewing and blogging...boy I have been seeing lovely fabrics both in print and solid beautiful colors that my fellow bloggers sew, and that has really helped me to step out a little bit....ah ah..... But now sistahs/broders, I am stepping even further out of my comfort zone, I want to be liberated....ahahahah lol.... I want to try colors, lovely prints, beautiful solids and do something I wouldn't have done ordinarily....................

So, dear bloggers seat back and see Aminat in action....lol although there might still be some solids but in vibrant colors, I might still do some of my old self...You all know it’s not easy to change, it’s a work in progress, but I will try as much as possible to include at least one vibrant colour in my projects......

Beautiful colors are not only beautiful, they are very liberating, they change your mood positively, you feel alive in them and most importantly they are great mojo boosters... So dear friends, are you color phobia, trying to be liberated just like me, or already a pro?... Please, I would like to know I am not alone in this.... Let’s get going friends..............


Enjoy the rest of the week you all and let me know what you feel...............

Enjoy!!!!

Aminat

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see what you sew in your new color mode!! I tend to buy beautiful bright prints, but am often afraid to cut and sew them, so they never make it into my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be that way about color before I started knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was always kind of a colorphobe too...the only colors in my wardrobe were; red, black, & white--with a little denim blue thrown in on the bottom half. ;-) I'm trying out new colors now--especially greens and blues. Guess I'm still not terribly adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one time, it seemed my entire wardrobe was blue. I made an effort to sew more colors. Now my entire wardrobe is green! Oh well …………

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love color, my mom is like you...I'm trying to get her out of the mode and into more color! I love vibrant fushias, teals, greens, pinks, etc. Have fun with color the sky is really the limit. We have an advantage with our skin tones to wear many many color combinations!

    ReplyDelete