Thursday, November 12, 2015

Mccall's 6886...

What not to love?  The pattern, the style, number of pattern pieces or  design simplicity?
I spent approximately 2-1/2 hours making this beautiful dress, including pattern alterations, cutting and sewing. I am trying to gradually getting back to sewing and blogging so I will be starting with this little number so help me God....Please see pattern review below.




Fabric: Stripe Ponte from my local Fabricland.

Pattern Description: Close fitting, pullover dresses have neckline variations and stitched hems

Pattern Sizing: E5- 14 to 22. I started with size 14  and graded to 16 from hip down, but I should have cut 12  and graded to 14 because the pattern runs a little big IMO.I had to remove at least 1" each from both sides.

Were the instructions easy to follow:  They should be easy I guess but I didn't use them

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I made few alterations;
1. Cut view D and lengthened by 1"
2. I did 1" sway back
3. Added 2" to sleeve hem

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Only dislike is the extra fabric in the back even with the swayback adjustment, but not a deal breaker at all, I still love the dress. Next time I will cut 2 back pieces, instead of on-fold and insert exposed zipper.....
All in all great pattern and great wardrobe builder
 Enjoy!!!

post signature

4 comments: