Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March Challenge #3........... Simplicity 2451

The first skirt in the March challenge. I revisited my simplicity 2451. I didn't make much modification to this version, but I  added 2 " to the sides and center back pattern and removed 1" from the waist. I cut size 16 in the earlier version which maked it snuggle on the hip until I  reduced the seam allowances to 1/4" before it could fit. So this time
(1)I added the extra needed and reduced the waist as well
(2)I didn't put the tab .
(3)I fully lined the skirt using Sharon's technique,
(4)Used invisible zipper like the first one

This skirt fits like a charm, I love it so much and very comfy to wear with the bemberg lining. The fabric is 100% italian wool from fabricland , but it's soft and drapy, and has been in my stash since 2008, it goes very well with my Mccall's shirt and of course nicer on me than the dress form.....wink!!!!!!!
 
Invisible zipper 
Pocket detail(shining due to reflection)
Topstitching detail

I received several emails about how I did the wedge alteration on the skirt, so I am posting the pictures as well.
 
Back Wedge on the side and center back pieces
 
Front alteration on side and center front pieces

You all have a good one....So off to the cutting table for my next pencil skirt.....
 
Enjoy!!!!

Aminat

8 comments:

  1. Cute skirt and it goes so well with the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect skirt. The details are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zipper looks so professional, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cute skirt. I can see more of these in your future. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely skirt and great colour combo with the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely skirt!!! I bet you'll look beautiful in it. You're right--it looks great with the purple blouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this skirt, it's so pretty! The fabric is great, it must have been a pleasure to work with!

    ReplyDelete