Friday, April 4, 2014

Simplicity 2215 Skirt - A Cynthia Rowley Pattern

First of all, I want to thank you all for all the wishes and prayers. I am feeling much better now and trying to take a day at a  time all , I give all Glory to Almighty God for everything.
To jump start my sewing, I made this beautiful S2215 pattern in a rich oriental brocade fabric. These pictures didn't do justice to the skirt at all but I will share anyway until I am able to showcase it better.




 
My Review
Fabric: Oriental Brocade lined with a beautiful pink silk cotton
Pattern Sizing: 14 to 22. I cut size 16 and modified the waist to fit.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?: Pretty much
Were the instructions easy to follow: I didn't pay attention to the instructions until I wanted to insert the zipper on the pocket, which I didn't understand at all, I eventually removed the pocket from the side the zipper was inserted.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I lengthened by 4", lined the skirt and  omitted one pocket
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Nothing to dislike, though would have preferred deeper pleats, but still love how this turned out .
Conclusion: Very great pattern









post signature

4 comments:

  1. That's a very cute skirt Aminat. Can't wait to see what you pair it with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That print looks like it would be gorg in person! Gotta try flirty skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better and that lovely skirt is the perfect item to jumpstart your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! skirt
    http://mebryceroy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete