Friday, February 18, 2011

Another dress....S2584

Another beautiful dress for another beautiful client..... Cynthia Rowley dress made from African fabric....The result is a simple and stylish dress...
Here is the review




Fabric: 100% African fabric

Pattern Description: Misses Dress, Tunic and Headband Cynthia Rowley Collection. I made view B with sleeve A
 
Pattern Sizing: P4  12-20. Cut  between 14 and 16 for the client

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?: Not really, because client wants it to hit her knee so I lengthened  and didnt make wide hem band.

Were the instructions easy to follow: I didn`t follow the instuction because it`similar to African men garment  I learned to sew when I went home last year so I just used the same technique.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:  I lengthened by 2 inches and didn`t do hem band

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  Client chose it because she loves the style and I love it too. It`s a simple and stylish style to sew... Highly recommend and should be straight forward for a beginner as well

Enjoy!!!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a rich color! The belt really shows it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful print and your client is going love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty. Love the fabric choice. It looks comfortable too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks lovely!
    I wantttt this... in yellow fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress. I have to buy some African fabric soon. The dress is so eye catching. Great fabric placement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @9jafoodie...Lol let me know when you are aready to have one

    @Velosewer....I have lots of great fabric let me know the ones you want and you get a discount as a blogger too.

    Thank you all for all the wonderful comments

    ReplyDelete