Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Mother's day dress........Mccall's 6069

I had planned wearing this to mom's day dinner but wore something else because I didn't have time to finish it. Did I say I love this dress? lol...I love everything, when I saw Erica's version in black and white, I knew I will make mine in a similar fabric too. I got the fabric from Fabricland liquidation aisle for $2.50 a meter, with less than 3 meters left I went for it all...lol...I wish they had more, I love deals, who doesn't .........




The review...

Fabric: Rayon jersey from Fabricland...

Pattern Description: Pullover, above mid-knee, semi-fitted straight dresses A, B, C have elastic waist casing, stitched hem and bodice variations; dress A is sleeveless; dress B has three-quarter sleeves; dress C is sleeveless with self sash; dresses A, B, C have optional back strap; optional purchased belt

Pattern Sizing:  I cut 14 and graded up to 16 from waist down

Were the instructions easy to follow: Can't be better, very simple instructions to follow

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
(1)I lengthened the bodice by 1" and the hem by 2.5"
(2)I interfaced the optional back strap
(3)I made hanger loop on the back

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?Nothing to dislike......

Would you recommend it to others? Yes , if you like this kind of style go for,  it's very flatterring

Conclusion: An easy pattern , I love the style especially with the front and back cowl and the back strap...
Enjoy!!!!

Aminat

25 comments:

  1. That's a beautifully constructed dress. Great Job!1 Love the fabric and what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress. I like the black and white colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great dress! It looks so feminine, sexy, and COMFY! Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress turned out great. That's a great pattern to showcase your fabulous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous dress, I love the back, very feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your version of this dress.. The fabric is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress, I love the fabric you used. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy! Now that would have been a knocker had u finished it earlier! Any way ride on sista!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice fabric and a good pattern too! Looks very nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress. I just made it in black, but I haven't posted about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that dress on you and the geometric print.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really adorable! Love the print too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sexy style and print! It looks great on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the front, but oh my, I love the back even more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it from the front, but when you showed the back view I really adore it!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked Erica's version when I saw it and I love yours. Now I am kicking myself that I didn't get this pattern last time I placed an order!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute great job love the black and white fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete