Sunday, August 30, 2009

Skirt and unlined jacket (Simplicity 2645)

Quite an age, I miss blogging and everyone. I guess I am fully back now... lol. How has the sewing cyberland been????.............Wonderful as always I guess.......

Okay here is what I have been doing, I made a thread simplicity combo pattern 2645. As you all know with thread patterns there is always different pattern views.....one of the reasons I love this pattern, but mostly I love the fabric I used.

I have had the fabric in my stash for quite a while. The skirt fabric I bought last year for $3.00 a meter from an original price of $22.00 and the jacket fabric I bought for $1.50 a meter also from original price of $22.00. They are both 100% linen......... what a deal hey?

So here is my review:
Fabric: 100% linen fabric from fabricland.

Notion: Invisible zipper, doublebias tape , buttons.... etc. .

Pattern Description: Misses/Miss Petite skirt suit with jacket and skirt variations, this pattern includes seperate pattern pieces for different cup sizes..

Pattern Sizing: size 14 – 22. I cut my usual size 14 for the jacket and size 16 graded up to 18 for the skirt. I cut view B and  E
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?: Yes but with lots of TLC...lol

Were the instructions easy to follow: I followed the instruction for the jacket alone but I used combination of Sandra Betzina and other techniques for the skirt.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I usually have to do some alterations on some patterns.
First, I cut a seperate pattern for the back skirt, this is needed because of my usual wedge alteration. So I made a 1" wedge on the skirt back pattern.
I fully lined the skirt and instead of using lap zipper, used an invisible zipper following SB's method .
I also used petersham instead of the regular fabric waistband
For the jacket, I did my normal princess cut FB alteration and nothing else.
Although I was thinking of fully interfacing the jacket because of the nature of the fabric, but I love it this way............

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I truly love the pattern especially the jacket variations.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, whoever is interested in this type of outfit, the jacket instruction is so simple and very straightforward.

Conclusion: Very nice combo, I am not sure if I will be making the jacket again, but the skirt pattern is definately my TNT .
Jacket inside out showing petersham
              Jacket inside-out

This is all I got for now...more later .  You all have a lovely week..........
~Aminat

9 comments:

  1. I really like this combination. The garments are beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit:)
    I love the fabric, great buys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty outfit. The print material for the jacket is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfenct ensemble! You do very nice, neat work! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was supposed to be perfect ensemble!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous outfit and what a great print for the Jacket. I can see that skirt becoming a TnT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit. It looks great on you. Can you show a picture of the right side of the skirt where you have the petersham? I'm assuming that's what you used as your interfacing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are talented, beautiful designs. Love it all. Could you make me the skirt and blouse if i wanted?. Do you sew plus sizes too.

    Tarela

    ReplyDelete